Monday, June 11, 2018

Postcard, UNESCO and Why?




(UNESCO Germany)


Back to Postcrossing, Why?
.
Lately, I feel in need of doing something to activate my brain. I am trying in many ways, including through social media. I still like traveling and it helps a lot refreshing my mind and then my focus. 

As I tend to like something related to the history, or, learning something new, then poscrossing comes to my mind. Why not? I have been there long time ago and I think it is still interesting. I have learnt many things through Postcrossing, too.

What Do I Collect and Don't?


I am collecting various of cards related to:

- History (including WW I, WW II)
- Countries (including the capital, map, flag, and, about the country)
- Architecture (including building, bridge, door, window, street view)
- People (including traditional costume, dance, activity)
- UNESCO (as the list below)

I am not collecting such this cards:

-  Advertisement 
-  Cartoon 
- Illustration (except Inge Löök) 


Why UNESCO?

I like to travel and collect postcards since I moved to Europe, it was starting when I came up to do my master study in Germany. This hobby takes me to a single line called UNESCO. I realized that visiting the UNESCO sites brought me to the most important things I wanted to see and to know the most. Since then, I keep looking for UNESCO sites wherever I go. Well, it comes later, after I have around 5000 postcards in my collection. But anyway, it is nothing too late to start.
.
UNESCO sites has a (very) long list. It is not easy to visit such good places at a certain time, therefore, I take the time and enjoy collecting postcards related to this UNESCO list. Back in my master's study, once, I had given a chance to collaborate with my professor to write an international publication for ICOMOS (part of UNESCO for historical building).  And I think, it's the most precious time I had related to UNESCO besides visiting the sites and receiving the postcards. And now, I wish to have more in following years...
.
What is the List?
.
There are 1073 World Heritage Listings by the UNESCO website (2018). According to this list, I am looking for postcards from every site which is written and stamped from its origin country.

If you are willing to help me to complete my collection, please kindly contact me here, then we can arrange the swap. 
.
Here is my list:
Red highlight - Received/already have

Blue writings - Not yet have 

Pink highlight - On the way/swap

Green hightlight - have been there




Albania

Algeria

Andorra

Angola

Antigua and Barbuda

Argentina

Armenia

Australia

Austria

Azerbaijan



Bangladesh

Barbados

Belarus

Belgium

Belize

Benin

Bolivia (Plurinational State of)

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Botswana

Brazil

Bulgaria

Burkina Faso



Cambodia

Cameroon

Canada

Central African Republic

Chad

Chile

China

Colombia

Congo

Costa Rica

Côte d'Ivoire

Croatia

Cuba

Cyprus

Czechia



Democratic Republic of the Congo

Denmark

Dominica

Dominican Republic



Egypt

El Salvador

Eritrea

Estonia

Ethiopia



Finland

France



Gambia (the)

Georgia

Germany

Ghana

Greece

Guatemala

Guinea



Holy See

Honduras

Hungary



India

Indonesia

Iran (Islamic Republic of)

Iraq

Ireland

Israel

Italy



Japan

Jerusalem (Site proposed by Jordan)

Jordan



Kenya

Kiribati

Kyrgyzstan



Latvia

Lebanon

Lesotho

Libya

Lithuania

Luxembourg



Malawi

Malaysia

Mali

Malta

Marshall Islands

Mauritania

Mauritius

Mexico

Micronesia (Federated States of)

Mongolia

Montenegro

Morocco

Mozambique

Myanmar



Nepal

Netherlands

New Zealand

Nicaragua

Niger

Nigeria

Norway





Palau

Palestine

Panama

Papua New Guinea

Paraguay

Peru

Philippines

Poland

Portugal





Republic of Moldova

Romania

Russian Federation



Saint Lucia

San Marino

Saudi Arabia

Senegal

Serbia

Seychelles

Singapore

Slovakia

Slovenia

Solomon Islands

South Africa

Spain

Sri Lanka

Sudan

Suriname

Sweden

Switzerland

Syrian Arab Republic



Thailand

the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia

Togo

Tunisia

Turkey

Turkmenistan



Ukraine

United Arab Emirates

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

United Republic of Tanzania

United States of America

Uruguay

Uzbekistan



Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)

Viet Nam





Zimbabwe

No comments:

Post a Comment